« Back To Employment
Adult Education Advocate/Case Manager
In collaboration with the Director and Instructors, the Education Advocate supports the retention of learners by providing individual case management and fostering an environment of mutuality between the Advocate and the students. S/he is responsible for coordinating and managing the intake, orientation and advising of potential students. The Educational Advocate reports to the Director of Adult Education Services.
- Provide educational and career counseling, support, and referrals
- Coordinate the Intake process: Orientation, Interviews, and assessments; including SMARTT/ETO data entry
- Collaborate with Workforce Development department to provide students with on-going work readiness and employment opportunities.
- Create and maintain an educational/Career goal sheet for each student. Work in conjunction with students to address short and long term goals
- Maintain regular contact with participants regarding academic progress and barriers and/or challenges
- Link participants to financial supports and social services as needed
- Maintain participant case notes and supporting documentation in case files and Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database.
- Communicate on a regular basis with instructors and Director re: students' academic and personal progress or challenges
- Participate in team meetings, in-service trainings and program planning sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to Project Hope's mission and values
- Experience in case management, academic advising or related social services
- Proficient in MS office and Internet applications
- Knowledge of local educational resources, social services, and career centers
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-centered environment
- Cultural competency and experience working with racially and socio-economically diverse populations
- Fluency in Spanish, Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole, Arabic, or Somalian preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Human Services, Counseling or related field.
To apply for a position at Project Hope, please send your cover letter and resume to:
550 Dudley Street
Roxbury, MA 02119