« Back To Employment
The Maintenance Worker will assist the Maintenance Coordinator with all necessary functions to ensure on-going operations, maintenance and upkeep of the Project Hope buildings. The Maintenance Worker reports to the Maintenance Coordinator and has flexible hours in accordance with building and scheduling needs, including response to building emergencies.
- Perform repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and painting tasks.
- Repair and treat structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Service kitchen, appliances, restrooms and emergency equipment. Report mechanical malfunctions.
- Move and assist in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Assist with monitoring and performing monthly and annual maintenance needs.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks, doors and windows, change filters in HVAC units. Hang pictures, patch walls, respond to plumbing emergencies, etc.
- Assist with Monitoring of security system.
- Serve as on-site custodian/security during evening and weekend events (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability and experience with minor repairs, maintenance and custodial duties.
- Knowledge of HVAC, fire, safety, security and elevator systems and inspections.
- Willingness to learn and maintain green/Leed certification standards and procedures.
- Ability to respond to building emergencies.
- Ability to efficiently and safely use power and hand tools.
- Valid MA Driver's License preferred.
- Flexibility in schedule.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Experience working in diverse communities.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Physical Requirements - Click Here
To apply for a position at Project Hope, please send your cover letter and resume to:
550 Dudley Street
Roxbury, MA 02119